uima-user mailing list archives

From Christof Mueller <muel...@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Lucene cas consumer
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 09:53:52 GMT
Roberto Franchini wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm going to write a Lucene CAS consumer. The porpouse is to create a
> Lucene document, or more than one, for each CAS.
> Last year (2007)  the JENA university lab (JULIE lab? is it right?)
> delivered such a component, named LUCAS. Then it disappeared.
> LUCAS seems a good piece of software.
> The Technische Universität Darmstadt developed one too:
> http://www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de/projects/dkpro/. (I will write to
> them).
>
> There's anybody interested to share knowledge and/or code to do that component?
> I think that Lucene and UIMA can be very good friends :)
>
> Roberto
>
> PS: I apologize for my bad English.

Hi Roberto,

our group at Technische Universität Darmstadt has indeed developed a
consumer that outputs Lucene indexes. It is described in our paper for
the LREC workshop "UIMA for NLP" which can be found here:
http://www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de/fileadmin/user_upload/Group_UKP/publikationen/2008/paper.pdf

We are very willing to share this and other UIMA components with the
community. Unfortunately we haven't been able to release the components
yet, due to a lack of time.

If you contact me directly I can send you the code of an example Lucene
CAS consumer which we use in some student projects. This could be a good
starting point for building your own consumer.

Christof

--
Christof Müller
UKP Lab