uima-user mailing list archives

From "Adam Lally" <ala...@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject Re: Lucene cas consumer
Date Sun, 07 Dec 2008 17:22:40 GMT
On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 8:20 PM, Greg Holmberg <holmberg2066@comcast.net> wrote:
> I seem to remember that IBM's CAS Consumer for indexing into their semantic search engine
had to solve the same problem.  I think it was configurable in a file, if I remember correctly.

> Perhaps one of the IBM folks could describe what was done there?

Yes, that's right.  There's a separate file that contains the
configuration rules for the indexer.  This is described in the UIMA
documentation:

http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads/releaseDocs/2.2.2-incubating/docs/html/tutorials_and_users_guides/tutorials_and_users_guides.html#ugr.tug.application.integrating_text_analysis_and_search

However, the search engine that is used for this (available on IBM
alphaWorks) is able to index annotations over spans of text, which
AFAIK Lucene is not.

 -Adam