uima-user mailing list archives

From "Olivier Terrier" <olivier.terr...@temis.com>
Subject RE: Lucene cas consumer
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 08:44:56 GMT
Hi all

We, at Temis, have also made a prototype integration of Lucene and UIMA as a proof of concept.
More exactly we have written a Solr Cas consumer.
Solr http://lucene.apache.org/solr/ is a Lucene sub project that provide a kind of indexation
server layer on top of Lucene.
The idea behind was to be able to index documents using a UIMA processing chain with both
full-text and entities based on UIMA annotations.
More over Solr provides a support for 'faceted search' that can be based on annotation.
Let's suppose you have a UIMA typesystem that defines annotations like Person, Company, Location
etc... You can easily index these entities into a lucene index using the Solr java API.
In the prototype we also used a Solr contribution (not already integrated in the trunk) names
solr-ui available here
It provides a simple UI to serach into your indexed documents using a combination of full
text and facets (look at attached screenshot).
Of course our Solr consumer is for now a very basic piece of code: for example it is tightly
linked to our own typesystem but we would be more than happy to collaborate with the communtiy
on this subject if there is interest.

Regards

Olivier Terrier
Temis