uima-user mailing list archives

From "Eddie Epstein" <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Additional Runtime Arguments
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 13:11:41 GMT
Not sure if this will help, but the CAS supports a concept of multiple
"views", where each
view is itself a CAS object. The process(cas) method can then be
passed a specified view, so that the annotator only deals with a
subset of the entire CAS. Some have used views to deal with complex
documents, creating a view for each of several document parts and then
passing specified view(s) to the appropriate AE.

For more on CAS views, see
http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads/releaseDocs/2.2.2-incubating/docs/html/tutorials_and_users_guides/tutorials_and_users_guides.html#ugr.tug.mvs

Regards,
Eddie