uima-user mailing list archives

From "Eddie Epstein" <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: undeployAsyncService?
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 15:11:20 GMT
Hi Eric,

UIMA AS service queues on ActiveMQ are actually
created either by a service registering as a consumer
or by a client registering as a producer; these queues
are persistent. Service reply queues use the JMS
temporary queue mechanism, and these go away
as soon as the consumer connection is broken.

One approach would be to use the JMX service
for the AMQ broker which reports the number of active
consumers for each queue. Not sure how reliable
this mechanism is for the 4.1.1 broker we are using.

The other way to go would be as you suggest, killing
the service and then using client timeouts to detect
that the service is not there.

Eddie