uima-user mailing list archives

From Baptiste Gaillard <b_gaill...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Imports with '_pear.xml' in aggregate prevent annotators to work on the right Sofa
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 09:02:32 GMT

Hi Eddie,

First, thanks a lot to be so reactive to help us solve our problem.
Sorry to give you a response so late, I had a lot of work...

To bypass the problem I've changed the code of an annotator to make it work on the right Sofa
"txt" (in our case the aggregate was used to make work the annotators on a new Sofa) :

JCas casTxt = null;

try {
    casTxt = aJCas.getView("txt");
} catch (CASException e) {
    // TODO Auto-generated catch block
    e.printStackTrace();
}

The other anotators of the aggregate are used without the PEAR descriptor, their dependencies
are symply added on the JVM's classpath (hopefully it worked, no class conflicts appears).

I think your idea to create an aggregate to wrap the PEAR component and make it use the right
Sofa is good.
For the moment I do not need to do that because I solved the problem using an other workaround.
But, I think your solution is better because the code of the annotators isn't modified. As
I do not have access to the code of the annotator perhaps i'll need to use your solution soon.
I keep you informed if this work or not.

Regards,

Baptiste

> Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 17:52:57 -0500
> From: eaepstein@gmail.com
> To: uima-user@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Imports with '_pear.xml' in aggregate prevent annotators to work on the
right Sofa

> Hi Aaron and Baptiste,
>
> The original fix did enable sofamappings, but it broke other things.
> The fix for those re-broke sofamappings. (pie-on-face-icon)
>
> After studying the code some more, there are other things broken
> when running a pear component as a delegate, for example,
> configuration parameter overrides. These things were simply
> not considered when creating the pear wrapper. We'll create
> a new issue detailing the problems and then figure out the priority.
>
> As a workaround, it should be possible to make the pear
> component an aggregate and put the sofa mappings in
> that descriptor. Will that work for you?
>
> Regards,
> Eddie
>
> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 12:41 PM, Aaron Kaplan
> <Aaron.Kaplan@xrce.xerox.com> wrote:
> > Eddie,
> >
> > (Baptiste's problem and mine are the same--we're working together.)
> >
> > I tried your first example and I can't even get that to work using the pear
> > descriptor and the trunk version of uima-core.  No need to go to the second,
> > more complicated version with two annotators and three views.  The aggregate
> > descriptor I wrote when following your test case instructions is below.  Do
> > you see anything wrong?
> >
> > I put a breakpoint at the line in PearAnalysisEngineWrapper.java  where
> > produceAnalysisEngine() is called.  The breakpoint is reached twice, and the
> > argument clonedAdditionalParameters has the following values:
> >
> > First time:
> >
> > {PARAM_AGGREGATE_ANALYSIS_ENGINE_NAME=Aggregate,
> > CONFIG_PARAM_SETTINGS=org.apache.uima.resource.metadata.impl.ConfigurationParameterSettings_impl:
> > parameterSettings = Array{}
> >
> > settingsForGroups = {}
> > }
> >

> > Second time:
> >
> > {PARAM_AGGREGATE_ANALYSIS_ENGINE_NAME=Aggregate,
> > RESOURCE_MANAGER=org.apache.uima.resource.impl.ResourceManager_impl@a3ce3f,
> > CONFIG_PARAM_SETTINGS=org.apache.uima.resource.metadata.impl.ConfigurationParameterSettings_impl:
> > parameterSettings = Array{}
> >
> > settingsForGroups = {}
> > }
> >

> > -Aaron
> >
> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> > <analysisEngineDescription xmlns="http://uima.apache.org/resourceSpecifier">
> >  <frameworkImplementation>org.apache.uima.java</frameworkImplementation>
> >  <primitive>false</primitive>
> >  <delegateAnalysisEngineSpecifiers>
> >    <delegateAnalysisEngine key="SofaExampleAnnotator">
> >      <import
> > location="/home/akaplan/uima/installtest/1107test/1107test_pear.xml"/>
> >    </delegateAnalysisEngine>
> >  </delegateAnalysisEngineSpecifiers>
> >  <analysisEngineMetaData>
> [...]

Inédit ! Des Emoticônes Déjantées! Installez les dans votre Messenger !
http://www.ilovemessenger.fr/Emoticones/EmoticonesDejantees.aspx