uima-user mailing list archives

From Christoph Büscher <christoph.buesc...@neofonie.de>
Subject Re: Setting Aggregate AE Parameters
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 17:31:10 GMT
Hi Niels,

you might want to try to modify what you call the 'specifier' (I guess its a
AnalysisEngineDescription) before you call

UIMAFramework.produceAnalysisEngine(specifier)

I used this in Unit tests during setup, something like this:

--------
URL descResource = LexProcessingWriterTest.class.getClassLoader().getResource(
          "MyDescriptor.xml");

AnalysisEngineDescription) aeDescription =
UIMAFramework.getXMLParser().parseAnalysisEngineDescription(
                 new XMLInputSource(descResource));

ConfigurationParameterSettings settings =
aeDescription.getAnalysisEngineMetaData().getConfigurationParameterSettings();
------------

Now that you have the settings you can set/overwrite values like:

settings.setParameterValue(name, value);

At the end when you produce the analysis engine with the modified values there
shouldn't be any problem:

myAE = UIMAFramework.produceAnalysisEngine(aeDescription);

Hope that helps,

Christoph

--
--------------------------------