uima-user mailing list archives

From Niels Ott <n...@sfs.uni-tuebingen.de>
Subject Setting Aggregate AE Parameters
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 17:02:11 GMT
Hello everybody,

I'm new to this mailing list, however I'm not so new to UIMA.

Here's my issue: I am trying to set the parameters of an Aggregate AE
from within my Java program.

I tried the following the solution I found here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/uima-user@incubator.apache.org/msg01241.html#

which is basically to produce an annotator and then to configure it using

   annotator.setConfigParameterValue("ParamName","NewValue");

This does not work for me as

   annotator  = UIMAFramework.produceAnalysisEngine(specifier);

which I'm using before to produce the Aggregate initializes its AEs with
the default parameters. These default parameters are of course not
suitable for use in the given scenario, causing the initialization to
fail before I correct the configuration.

I tried to use

    produceAnalysisEngine(ResourceSpecifier aSpecifier, Map
       aAdditionalParams)

instead but the additional parameters don't do the job. Perhaps I
misunderstood the purpose of these additional parameters in the function.

How can I specify the parameteres of an (Aggregate) AE before it is
initialized?

Best,

    Niels Ott

--