uima-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Kaplan <Aaron.Kap...@xrce.xerox.com>
Subject Re: Imports with '_pear.xml' in aggregate prevent annotators to work on the right Sofa
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2008 17:41:56 GMT
Eddie,

(Baptiste's problem and mine are the same--we're working together.)

I tried your first example and I can't even get that to work using the
pear descriptor and the trunk version of uima-core.  No need to go to
the second, more complicated version with two annotators and three
views.  The aggregate descriptor I wrote when following your test case
instructions is below.  Do you see anything wrong?

I put a breakpoint at the line in PearAnalysisEngineWrapper.java  where
produceAnalysisEngine() is called.  The breakpoint is reached twice, and
the argument clonedAdditionalParameters has the following values:

First time:

{PARAM_AGGREGATE_ANALYSIS_ENGINE_NAME=Aggregate,
CONFIG_PARAM_SETTINGS=org.apache.uima.resource.metadata.impl.ConfigurationParameterSettings_impl:

parameterSettings = Array{}

settingsForGroups = {}
}

Second time:

{PARAM_AGGREGATE_ANALYSIS_ENGINE_NAME=Aggregate,
RESOURCE_MANAGER=org.apache.uima.resource.impl.ResourceManager_impl@a3ce3f,
CONFIG_PARAM_SETTINGS=org.apache.uima.resource.metadata.impl.ConfigurationParameterSettings_impl:

parameterSettings = Array{}

settingsForGroups = {}
}

-Aaron

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<analysisEngineDescription xmlns="http://uima.apache.org/resourceSpecifier">
   <frameworkImplementation>org.apache.uima.java</frameworkImplementation>
   <primitive>false</primitive>
   <delegateAnalysisEngineSpecifiers>
     <delegateAnalysisEngine key="SofaExampleAnnotator">
       <import
location="/home/akaplan/uima/installtest/1107test/1107test_pear.xml"/>
     </delegateAnalysisEngine>
   </delegateAnalysisEngineSpecifiers>
   <analysisEngineMetaData>
     <name>Aggregate</name>
     <description/>
     <version>1.0</version>
     <vendor/>
     <configurationParameters/>
     <configurationParameterSettings/>
     <flowConstraints>
       <fixedFlow>
         <node>SofaExampleAnnotator</node>
       </fixedFlow>
     </flowConstraints>
     <fsIndexCollection/>
     <capabilities>
       <capability>
         <inputs/>
         <outputs/>
         <inputSofas>
           <sofaName>_InitialView</sofaName>
         </inputSofas>
         <outputSofas>
           <sofaName>GermanView</sofaName>
         </outputSofas>
         <languagesSupported/>
       </capability>
     </capabilities>
     <operationalProperties>
       <modifiesCas>true</modifiesCas>
       <multipleDeploymentAllowed>true</multipleDeploymentAllowed>
       <outputsNewCASes>false</outputsNewCASes>
     </operationalProperties>
   </analysisEngineMetaData>
   <resourceManagerConfiguration/>
   <sofaMappings>
     <sofaMapping>
       <componentKey>SofaExampleAnnotator</componentKey>
       <componentSofaName>EnglishDocument</componentSofaName>
       <aggregateSofaName>_InitialView</aggregateSofaName>
     </sofaMapping>
     <sofaMapping>
       <componentKey>SofaExampleAnnotator</componentKey>
       <componentSofaName>GermanDocument</componentSofaName>
       <aggregateSofaName>GermanView</aggregateSofaName>
     </sofaMapping>
   </sofaMappings>