uima-user mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject CAS Viewer/Editor for HTML
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 13:55:39 GMT
Hello,

maybe you can remember that one of my students, Marco Nehmeier,
developed a CAS viewer and editor especially for HTML documents. The
work is now completed and was done in a practical course, more precisely
in a "Studienarbeit". The report is written in german and I will send
you the pdf on request. If there is more interest in this work, then I
can maybe provide an english version of the handbook part of the report.

The possibility to view or render annotation directly in interpreted
HTML is extremely important for us since we are processing converted
word processing documents in the majority of the cases. The work started
before the issue about code donation of the UIMA CAS viewer has started.

If you are interested what we are doing here in Würzburg and how we are
using UIMA, then just ask me, take a look at a short paper of mine:
Integrating the Rule-Based IE Component TextMarker into UIMA (LWA08 FGIR)

or in near future at the TextMarker sourceforge project itself (homepage
will follow this month, source code early next year)

best regards

Peter

PS: Sorry for possible multiple posts.

--