uima-user mailing list archives

From Bart Mellebeek <bart.melleb...@barcelonamedia.org>
Subject Question on Capabilities of AE descriptor
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 09:39:11 GMT
Hello,

I have a question on the exact role of the output types in the
Capabilities of an AE descriptor that I couldn't find in the documentation.
A strange thing happens when I try to manipulate the descriptors of ex4/
of the tutorial in uimaj-examples. I am running
ex4/MeetingDetectorTAE.xml with UIMA Document Analyzer. When I delete
the output type RoomNumber in the Capabilities of
ex2/RoomNumberAnnotator.xml and I run ex4/MeetingDetectorTAE.xml, the
RoomNumber type is still visible in the analysis results. Likewise, when
I delete the output types TimeAnnot and DateAnnot in the capabilities of
ex3/TutorialDateTime.xml, these types are still visible in the analysis
results. Only deleting the output type DateTimeAnnot in the capabilities
of ex3/TutorialDateTime.xml seems to have an impact on the analysis results.

Why is it that deleting some output types have no impact on analysis
results, while deleting other output types do have an impact? Aren't all
output types supposed to have this impact?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks,

Bart