uima-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Polzin" <Thomas.Pol...@mmodal.com>
Subject Additional Runtime Arguments
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 21:11:51 GMT
I probably missed something in the documentation but here is my problem:

I'm trying to process a pretty complex structured document and I do not
want to translate the entire structure into annotations. Instead I would
like to pass some object containing this additional structure to the
respective analysis engines. Note that a static object will not work.
Also, I do not want pass this object to the engines when they are
constructed/initialized. The best solution I came up with so far is to
subclass the CAS object and then to downcast to it in the process( CAS
cas) function. Does this make sense? Is there a better solution?

Thanks so much in advance

Thomas