uima-user mailing list archives

From "Eddie Epstein" <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Parallelizing UIMA
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 16:55:59 GMT
Greg Holmberg <holmberg2066@comcast.net> wrote:

> I think this "extreme scaling" configuration could be important in
> "selling" UIMA-AS.  I don't see it described in the docs.  It might be
> useful to folks if it was, along with some example configuration files.  Due
> to my misconceptions, I had rejected UIMA-AS as having too much overhead,
> but I will revisit it now.  So showing folks how to deploy it efficiently
> might prevent others from rejecting it for the same reasons.

Thanks for the comment.  This scenario has been added to the example
scenarios section of http://incubator.apache.org/uima/doc-uimaas-what.html

There actually is an example configuration that deploys a service with
embedded collection reader and Cas consumer. See
$UIMA_HOME/examples/deploy/as/Deploy_MeetingFinder.xml and the associated
MeetingFindingAggreate.xml in the same directory.

Karin Verspoor <Karin.Verspoor@ucdenver.edu> wrote:
>Thank you all ... wouldn't you know that you have already solved the
problem!
>I missed the UIMA-AS announcement as I was on travel last week,
>but I will definitely look into it, as well as Hadoop.

Good luck Karin. Hoping to hear about your experience.

Regards,
Eddie