uima-user mailing list archives

From "Julien Nioche" <lists.digitalpeb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: running aggregate engine within CPE and client code
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2008 18:49:48 GMT
Hi guys,

As it is often the case in similar situations, I suspect that the source of
the problem is in my code. The piece of code that I gave earlier and which
runs the engine is actually embedded in a third part library. I tried using
it outside that library in a very simple class and the results I get are
very close to those of the CPE - which is reassuring. What confuses me is
that the profiler gives a very similar information for both scenarios so I
still don't know why it is slower when I use it through that code. There is
no visible reason why it is so.

I know that the library uses the Java Plugin Framework and detects the jars
to use by itself (i.e they are not explicitely set on the classpath). Maybe
something to do with the classloaders? I have no idea but I have contacted
the author of that third part library, we'll see if there is a good
explanation. The difference seems to be more important when processing small
documents; with larger docs there is almost no difference.

Thanks for your help

Julien

--
DigitalPebble Ltd