uima-user mailing list archives

From "De Vries, Hugo" <Hugo.DeVr...@dsto.defence.gov.au>
Subject RE: Building UIMA C++ on Linux
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 05:34:48 GMT
FYI: The problem here is that jni.h has an #include <jni_md.h>; that
file is located in a subdirectory linux\.
This is the case on Fedora and FreeBSD, so possibly also on many other
distributions.
Copying the jni_md.h up fixed it, or
--with-jdk="/<path>/jdk<version>/include
-I/<path>/jdk<version>/include/linux".
Setting JAVA_INCLUDE to
    "/usr/java/path/include /usr/java/path/include/linux"
would probably also work.

Cheers

Hugo De Vries

-----Original Message-----
From: Eddie Epstein [mailto:eaepstein@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, 26 June 2008 10:23 PM
To: uima-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Building UIMA C++ on Linux

> Now it says cannot find JDK headers.
>
> Our JDK location is /usr/java/jdkxxx so now try
>
> configure --with-apr=/usr/local/apr --with-jdk=/usr/java/jdkxxx
>
> but configure script still says cannot find JDK headers.

--with-jdk is slightly confusing. The readme talks about JAVA_INCLUDE
pointing at the directory containing the header files. This was done
because on Mac OSX the Java headers are not found in $JRE/include.

Eddie

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence Organisation and is subject
to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT 1914.  If you have received this email
in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.