uima-user mailing list archives

From "Tong Fin" <tong....@gmail.com>
Subject Improving UIMA Debug Capabilities
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 20:56:50 GMT
I have been thinking about how to improve the ability to debug and maintain
UIMA components. Based on talking with my colleagues, two problems have
caught my interest:

1. for any feature structure in a CAS, knowing which UIMA component created
and/or modified it, and
2. being able to debug problems with a component that is failing when
integrated into someone else's aggregate analysis engine.

In the Apache UIMA Wiki, I have posted some ideas about providing solutions
for these problems:
    http://cwiki.apache.org/UIMA/improving-uima-debug-capabilities.html

I wonder how many UIMA users also think these are important problems to
solve? Do the ideas on the wiki make sense? Are there other issues related
to debugging UIMA components that you feel are equally or more important?

Thank you for your comments,
Tong