uima-user mailing list archives

From "rohan rai" <hiroha...@gmail.com>
Subject Annotation (Indexing) a bottleneck in UIMA in terms of speed
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 11:35:31 GMT
When I profile a UIMA application
What I see that annonation takes a lot of time
If I profile I see that to annotate 1 record , it takes around 0.06 seconds
Now you may say its good
Now scale up
Although it does not scale up linearly. But here is rough estimate on
experiments done
6000 records take 6 min to annotate
800000 record tale around 10 hrs min to annotate
Which is bad.
One thing is that I am treating each record individually as a cas
Even if I treat all the record as a single cas it takes around 6-7 hrs
Which is still not good in terms of speed

Is there a way out?
Can I improve performance by any means??

Regards
Rohan