uima-user mailing list archives

From "rohan rai" <hiroha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: import location over Hadoop
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 11:59:40 GMT
Well the question is for running UIMA over hadoop? How to do that as in UIMA
there are xml descriptors which have relative urls and location? Which
throws exception

But I can probably do without that answer

Simplifying the problem

I create a jar for my application and I am trying to run a map reduce job

In the map I am trying to read an xml resource which gives this kind of
exceprion

java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/tmp/hadoop-root/mapred/local/taskTracker/jobcache/job_200806102252_0028/task_200806102252_0028_m_000000_0/./descriptors/annotators/RecordCandidateAnnotator.xml
(No such file or directory)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.connect(FileURLConnection.java:70)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.getInputStream(FileURLConnection.java:161)
	at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:1009)
	at org.apache.uima.util.XMLInputSource.<init>(XMLInputSource.java:83)

I think I require to pass on the content of the jar which contains the
resource xml and classes(other than the JOB class) to each and every
taskXXXXXXX getting created

How can I do that

REgards
Rohan