uima-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Kaplan <Aaron.Kap...@xrce.xerox.com>
Subject Re: null fsIndexRepository
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 10:38:31 GMT
Eddie Epstein wrote:

> By chance does the annotator descriptor declare Sofa input or output
> capabilities? If so, the CAS passed to process is a base CAS, which has no
> index repository.

Indeed, that was the problem.

Actually, what I described in my previous mail was actually two separate
problems.  I introduced the bug you pointed out when constructing a
simplified test case for a different problem.  The original problem was
that an index I was expecting to see wasn't there.  That turned out to
be because I had failed to declare the index in the annotator's
descriptor, and as a result it wasn't getting created when the CAS was
deserialized.

Thanks once again for your quick and effective help.
-Aaron