uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Problem with PEAR classpath
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 15:04:32 GMT
Hi Aaron -

When running Pears contained in an aggregate, the Java classpath used to
load the JCas (and other) classes is switched to be what the Pear specifies.

The classpath used by the PEAR is built using the jars in the "lib"
directory, plus any additional paths that are specified in the PEAR
installation descriptor's "set_env_variable" action, done by specifying
the "CLASSPATH" environmental variable.  (see
http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads/releaseDocs/2.2.2-incubating/docs/html/references/references.html#ugr.ref.pear.installation_descriptor
and scroll down to the section 6.1.4.5 )

Can you verify that the JCas cover classes are either in a Jar file that
is in the Pear's lib directory, or that you have added a environment
variable setting action for the Pear specifying the CLASSPATH
environmental variable and having it point to where the JCas classes are
in the Pear structure?

Thanks. -Marshall