uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: OSGi-fied UIMA Maven artifact repository?
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 11:16:06 GMT
Richard Eckart wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> is there a Maven repository containing OSGi-fied UIMA artifacts?
Hi Richard,

I think this area could use some focus / attention, and maybe you (or
others interested in this) can help out here.  The UIMA Tooling includes
some Eclipse-based plugins, and for this we recently switched our build
process to use Apache Felix, which is an open source implmentation of
many things in OSGi.  The part we are using is the maven bundle plugin.
That process includes something that stores the bundle in a OBR (OSGi
Bundle Repository).  If you google
    obr OSGi Bundle Repository
you can see a bunch of information on the web about this, including a
presentation about the OBR idea, at

http://felix.apache.org/site/presentations.data/OBR-OSGi-Community-20070627.pdf

I haven't investigated this myself, so please feel free to explore and
discuss potential ideas here.

-Marshall