uima-user mailing list archives

From "Adam Lally" <ala...@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject Re: ConceptMapper with multiple dictionaries
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2008 01:15:04 GMT
On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 3:12 PM, Ahmed Abdeen Hamed
<ahmed.elmasri@gmail.com> wrote:
> My apologies that my question wasn't clear enough. I am trying to use the
> ConceptMapper example that was posted on the list a couple of days ago.
> However, the example came with one dictionary only. I have a need to access
> more than one dictionary. So, I created a primitive AE similar to the
> ConceptMapperOffsetTokenizer.xml and I added its entry to the aggregate AE
> OffsetTokenizerMatcher.xml. However, the only dictionary that get loaded
> when the two primitive ones are listed on the aggregate is the dictionary
> listed in the ConceptMapperOffsetTokenizer.xml, not the second dictionary
> that I just created. On the other hand, if I list only one of them in the
> aggregate AE, the correct dictionary gets loaded.

This is a guess, but make sure that in the <externalResource> element
of the primitive descriptors, you use a different value of the <name>
field for each of your dictionaries.  And then in the
<externalResourceBinding> element of each primitive descriptor, you
bind that primitive AE's resourceDependency to the appropriate
externalResource representing the dictionary that you want it to use.

If you use the same name for more than one externalResource, only one
will be used.  Although I thought there was a warning in the log file
in this case - you may want to check for that.  For this reason, it's
a good idea to use qualified names (like dotted names such as those
used for Java classes) for resources.

-Adam