uima-user mailing list archives

From Dennis Geller <dgel...@aptima.com>
Subject Another instance of annotator processing failed
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 19:20:00 GMT
There was a question about a problem like this earlier in the month. I
think this one is different because (a) The error message isn't quite
the same; (b) I'm not using Ant (the eventual source of the earlier
problem.) Also, I don't have multiple versions of UIMA -- just the one
download of the example package.

But I also get"Caused by: org.apache.uima.cas.CASRuntimeException:
Feature "keyword" is not defined for type
"org.apache.uima.DDMS.Category"." although
keyword
Is defined in the type system file (as uima.cas.String)
--> <features>
        <featureDescription>
          <name>keyword</name>
          <description>Keyword for this category</description>
          <rangeTypeName>uima.cas.String</rangeTypeName>
        </featureDescription>
      </features>
Has a setter and getter properly defined in the foo.java and
foo_Type.java files
Is listed (although grayed out) in the fooAnnotator.xml file

However
**it is not mentioned in the AE file ("Simplefoo Annotator", named to
parallel the examples), where we have just
<capabilities>
      <capability>
        <inputs/>
        <outputs>
          <type
allAnnotatorFeatures="true">org.apache.uima.DDMS.Category</type>
        </outputs>
        <languagesSupported>
          <language>en</language>
        </languagesSupported>
      </capability>
      <capability>
and
** When I look at the type system in VCD i see, under uima.tcas.Annotation
      |-uima.tcas.DocumentAnnotation
      |-org.apache.uima.DDMS.Category ('Category" is of course 'foo" above)

Thanks in advance for any pointers out of this thicket.

--
Dennis Geller, Ph.D. Computer and Communication Science

and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination
or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact
the sender and delete the material from any computer.