uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Multithreading question
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 12:09:03 GMT
This may not be quite precise enough.  Your Annotators will be
instantiated multiple times,  so that a single *instance* of an
annotator will not be run on multiple threads at once.  So - if you have
non-static fields in your annotator, they do not need to be accessed
with threading in mind. But if you make use of "static" fields, there is
only one instance of these, so access to them must be thread-safe.

If your *application*  (not your annotator) is multi-threaded, it will
need to be thread-safe. You can find relevant information about this in
the tutorial and reference docs for UIMA (search for "thread").

-Marshall