uima-user mailing list archives

From Yosi Mass <YOSIM...@il.ibm.com>
Subject Re: SemanticSearch and Lucene (was: Re: Question on the SemanticSearch.zip - SIAPI)
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 05:57:52 GMT
Hi Greg,

This is correct. While the current SemanticSearch code in AlphaWorks is
based on Juru, we have a similar SemanticSearch package that is based on
Lucene. Both work with the uima-apache and have similar functionality.

We do plan to contribute the Lucene Semantic Search code to the Open Source
but we still need to get all the approvals inside IBM. We will keep you
updated.

Best regards, Yosi

             holmberg2066@comc
             ast.net
             (greg@holmberg.na                                          To
             me)                       Yosi Mass/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
                                                                        cc
             29/10/2007 00:55          uima-user@incubator.apache.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       SemanticSearch and Lucene (was: Re:
             Please respond to         Question on the SemanticSearch.zip
             uima-user@incubat         - SIAPI)
               or.apache.org

Yosi--

There was talk at one point about IBM donating the SemanticSearch code to
the Apache Lucene project.  I haven't heard anything about that for a while
now.  Is that still the plan?

Thanks,

Greg Holmberg