uima-user mailing list archives

From Katherine Enderling <katherine_enderl...@cognia.com>
Subject Re: MeetingFinderCPE_Managed_Unix.xml Example Exception
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 08:16:10 GMT
Ok yes it is as if the server is not running. However there is nothing in
the logs to indicate there is a problem with starting the server. (see
below)
I also tried starting the VNS before trying to run the example (on a given
port) and the same error occurs.
I also tried starting the VNS server and then starting the service that is
called in the example using the command:

> java -DVNS_HOST=localhost -DVNS_PORT=9005
org.apache.uima.adapter.vinci.VinciAnalysisEngineService_impl
../examples/deploy/vinci/Deploy_MeetingDetectorTAE.xml)

And this produces the same error except there is only one attempt to
connect.
Thanks again for helping out.
Katherine

10/16/07 4:24:27 PM - 10:
org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.container.deployer.vns.LocalVNS.initiali
ze: INFO: The CPM is about to test its VNS port 9005 for availability.
(Thread Name: BaseCPMImpl-Thread)
10/16/07 4:24:27 PM - 10:
org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.container.deployer.vns.LocalVNS.initiali
ze: INFO: The service port 9005 is available on localhost. (Thread Name:
BaseCPMImpl-Thread)
10/16/07 4:24:27 PM - 10:
org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.container.deployer.vns.LocalVNS.initiali
ze: INFO: The CPM VNS activity started on port 9005. (Thread Name:
BaseCPMImpl-Thread)
10/16/07 4:24:27 PM - 11:
org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.container.deployer.vns.LocalVNS.process:
INFO: The CPM VNS thread started. (Thread Name: VNS-Thread) VNS Port: 9005
10/16/07 4:24:27 PM - 10:
org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.container.deployer.vinci.VinciCasProcess
orDeployer.initialize: INFO: The next port  was retrieved from the service
port queue. (Thread Name: BaseCPMImpl-Thread)
10/16/07 4:24:27 PM - 10:
org.apache.uima.collection.impl.cpm.container.deployer.vinci.VinciCasProcess
orDeployer.initialize: INFO: The service port is not available yet. There
are 5000 retries left to acquire the port. (Thread Name: BaseCPMImpl-Thread)
(keeps trying until it gives up and produces exception).

 --
Katherine Enderling
http://www.cognia.com

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s).
If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose, copy,
distribute or take any action in reliance upon it.  If you have received
the e-mail in error, please notify the sender or Cognia EU Ltd and
delete the transmission immediately.