uima-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Francart" <thomas.thomas.franc...@gmail.com>
Subject Sharing a database connection across Analysis Engines
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2007 21:29:44 GMT
Hi all

I want to share a remote connection to an EJB (it could be to a database)
across analysis engines.

1. If I assume that all my AE are local, is this possible ? how ?
2. In the UIMA philosophy, should each AE open its own connection ?
3. If I need to open a connection for each AE, how can I share the
connection properties for this connection in a single file ? in other words,
how can I access a single properties file (or maybe a resource XML
description) from every AE ?
4. I understood there was a notion of "session" that was intended to share
data across multiple instances of the same AE. Isn't there a notion of
session to share data across the different AE in the flow ? (I don't want to
put connection parameters inside the CAS, it has nothing to do with the
document analysis)

Thanks for your help
Thomas