uima-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Trouble getting CDE and JCasGen plugins to work under Eclipse Europa
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 14:26:16 GMT
The most likely causes of this problem is that your Eclipse doesn't have
the required other plugins that the CDE depends on, installed and working.

It depends on EMF and also on the JCasGen plugin (part of the UIMA
plugin set).

If you're running Eclipse 3.3 level, it has a new view where you can see
issues like this, which may help.  THe view is under the menu:

Window-> show view -> other, and then in the PDE Runtime -> Plug-in Registry

You should see entries for:
org.apache.uima.desceditor
org.apache.uima.jcas.jcasgenp

If you expand the "+" sign to the left (by clicking on it), you should
see Prerequisites line which can be expanded to show the prerequisites.
I think some kind of red-colored error indicator will show up here if
the prerequisite can't be found.

If this helps you, please post again what the problem turned out to be,
and how you fixed it, for others' benefits :-)

-Marshall Schor