uima-user mailing list archives

From Michael Baessler <...@michael-baessler.de>
Subject Re: Sharing a database connection across Analysis Engines
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2007 07:48:29 GMT
Hi Thomas,

it is possible to share resources between analysis engines. You will
find an example in the UIMA documentation for FileResources that are
shared.
(http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads/releaseDocs/2.2.0-incubating/docs/html/tutorials_and_users_guides/tutorials_and_users_guides.html#ugr.tug.aae.accessing_external_resource_files)

In your case I think you can also look at the UIMA tutorial example 6.
There an individual external resource called StringMapResource is
created. I think you can do something similar.

Create a config file with all you database connection information and
load it using your own resource e.g. DBResource. Within the DBResource
implementation you can open the connection and return it on request.

I haven't tried that myself, but I think it should work :-)

-- Michael