uima-user mailing list archives

From Ekaterina Buyko <ekaterina.bu...@uni-jena.de>
Subject Iterators in CAS
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 07:49:01 GMT
Hi all!

In UIMA 2.1 it is possible to create a sub-iterator in order to iterate
over annotations which are within the begin-end span of the selected type.

For example:

AnnotationIndex sentenceIndex = (AnnotationIndex) aJCas
.getJFSIndexRepository().getAnnotationIndex(Sentence.type);

AnnotationIndex tokenIndex = (AnnotationIndex) aJCas
                 .getJFSIndexRepository().getAnnotationIndex(Token.type);

         // iterate over Sentences
         FSIterator sentenceIterator = sentenceIndex.iterator();
         while (sentenceIterator.hasNext()) {

             Sentence sentence = (Sentence) sentenceIterator.next();

             // iterate over Tokens
             FSIterator tokenIterator = tokenIndex.subiterator(sentence);

I would like to have a more extended functionality. I need to know the
annotations which are in the span of begin-end of the selected
annotation type. These annotations can overlap the span of the selected
type.

For example noun phrases. If I iterate over tokens, I would like to
know, if this token is inside a noun phrase or not. Now, I am working
with Hashtables. But I am looking for an other solution.

How could I solve this problem?

Bets regards

Ekaterina