uima-user mailing list archives

From "Ellis, Dan" <ell...@mitre.org>
Subject Bad Parse of "Documents and Settings" While Ant Builds Docbooks
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:53:58 GMT

Folks,

	I am building UIMA from scratch on a Windows XP/cygwin
environment.  I haven't managed to successfully build the uima-docbooks
project.  I believe the problem is that I'm running in a Windows
environment and the target filenames have white spaces in them.  Here's
a blurb produced by running

/cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/ellisd/workspace/uima-docbooks# ant
-v
<snip>
transform-source-pdf:
      [java] Executing 'c:\Program
Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_03\jre\bin\java.exe' with arguments:
      [java]
'-Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.Docu
mentBuilderFactoryImpl'
      [java]
'-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserF
actoryImpl'
      [java]
'-Dorg.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration=org.apache.xerce
s.parsers.XIncludeParserConfiguration'
      [java] '-classpath'
      [java] 'c:\Documents and
Settings\ellisd\workspace\uima-docbook-tool\tools\common-lib\xercesImpl
-2.7.1.jar;c:\Documents and
Settings\ellisd\workspace\uima-docbook-tool\tools\common-lib\xml-apis-1
.3.02.jar;c:\Documents and
Settings\ellisd\workspace\uima-docbook-tool\tools\fop-versions\fop-0.93
\fop.jar;c:\Documents and
Settings\ellisd\workspace\uima-docbook-tool\tools\fop-versions\fop-0.93
\xmlgraphics-commons-1.1.jar;c:\Documents and
Settings\ellisd\workspace\uima-docbook-tool\tools\saxon-versions\saxon-
6.5.5\saxon.jar;c:\Documents and
Settings\ellisd\workspace\uima-docbook-tool\tools\common-lib\avalon-fra
mework-api-4.3.jar;c:\Documents and
Settings\ellisd\workspace\uima-docbook-tool\tools\common-lib\avalon-fra
mework-impl-4.3.jar;c:\Documents and
Settings\ellisd\workspace\uima-docbook-tool\tools\common-lib\batik-all-
1.6.jar;c:\Documents and
Settings\ellisd\workspace\uima-docbook-tool\tools\common-lib\commons-io
-1.1.jar;c:\Documents and
Settings\ellisd\workspace\uima-docbook-tool\tools\common-lib\commons-lo
gging-1.0.4.jar;c:\Documents and
Settings\ellisd\workspace\uima-docbook-tool\tools\common-lib\xml-resolv
er-1.1.jar;c:\Documents and
Settings\ellisd\workspace\uima-docbook-tool\tools\jai-versions\jai-1.1.
3\jai_codec.jar;c:\Documents and
Settings\ellisd\workspace\uima-docbook-tool\tools\jai-versions\jai-1.1.
3\jai_core.jar;c:\Documents and
Settings\ellisd\workspace\uima-docbook-tool\catalog\docbook.version_4.5
'
      [java] 'com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet'
      [java] '-x'
      [java] 'org.apache.xml.resolver.tools.ResolvingXMLReader'
      [java] '-y'
      [java] 'org.apache.xml.resolver.tools.ResolvingXMLReader'
      [java] '-r'
      [java] 'org.apache.xml.resolver.tools.CatalogResolver'
      [java] '-o'
      [java] 'c:/Documents and
Settings/ellisd/workspace/uima-docbooks/target/overview_and_setup/overv
iew_and_setup.pdf_src.xml'
      [java] 'c:\Documents and
Settings\ellisd\workspace\uima-docbooks/src/docbook/overview_and_setup/
overview_and_setup.xml'
      [java] 'c:\Documents and
Settings\ellisd\workspace\uima-docbooks/src/styles/top/pdf.xsl'
      [java] 'fop.version=0.93'
      [java] 'paper.type=Letter'
      [java] 'collect.xref.targets=only'
      [java] 'targets.filename=c:/Documents'
      [java] 'and'
      [java]
'Settings/ellisd/workspace/uima-docbooks/src/olink/overview_and_setup/p
df-target.db'
      [java] 'target.database.document=file:///c:/Documents'
      [java] 'and'
      [java]
'Settings/ellisd/workspace/uima-docbooks/src/olink/olink_db_pdf.xml'
      [java] 'current.docid=overview_and_setup'
      [java] 'docbook.xsl.root=file:///c:/Documents'
      [java] 'and'
      [java]
'Settings/ellisd/workspace/uima-docbook-tool/tools/docbook-versions/doc
book-xsl-1.72.0'
      [java]
      [java] The ' characters around the executable and arguments are
      [java] not part of the command.
      [java] Bad param=value pair on command line
      [java] SAXON 6.5.5 from Michael Kay
      [java] Usage:  java com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet [options] source-doc
style-doc {param=value}...
      [java] Options:
      [java]   -a              Use xml-stylesheet PI, not style-doc
argument
      [java]   -ds             Use standard tree data structure
      [java]   -dt             Use tinytree data structure (default)
      [java]   -o filename     Send output to named file or directory
      [java]   -m classname    Use specified Emitter class for
xsl:message output
      [java]   -r classname    Use specified URIResolver class
      [java]   -t              Display version and timing information
      [java]   -T              Set standard TraceListener
      [java]   -TL classname   Set a specific TraceListener
      [java]   -u              Names are URLs not filenames
      [java]   -w0             Recover silently from recoverable errors

      [java]   -w1             Report recoverable errors and continue
(default)
      [java]   -w2             Treat recoverable errors as fatal
      [java]   -x classname    Use specified SAX parser for source file

      [java]   -y classname    Use specified SAX parser for stylesheet
      [java]   -?              Display this message
      [java] Java Result: 2
<snip>

	You'll notice that "c:/Documents and Settings/" is getting
parse correctly in some places and incorrectly (as "c:/Documents",
"and", and "Settings/") in others.  I've grepped the build files and
don't see where that target is being set.  I believe this is an
Ant/Docbooks parse problem problem more than a UIMA problem.  However,
I'm hoping that others have tried building UIMA in a similar
environment and have developed a work around for this.  Any wrapping is
due to either your or my email browser being "smart."

	Yeah, I know the docs are online...  I just get a real pleasure
in seeing something build without errors and a deep assurance knowing
that I'm starting from ground zero and going in the right direction....

Cheers,
Dan