uima-user mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart <wyldf...@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject UIMA Classpath and setenv.txt
Date Sat, 27 Oct 2007 15:29:50 GMT
I've already sent this mail on the 27th of September but never got it
back via the list, so I assume it didn't get through. Therefore I am
sending it again.

-------

Hi everybody,

I have installed a couple of PEARs and wanted to run them with
cpeGui.sh. Unfortunately UIMA does not seem to automatically use the
UIMAClassLoader to fetch the classes from the jars indicated in the
setenv.txt files of the respective PEARs - or I just did something
wrong.

When I change setUimaClassPath.sh to scan for the setenv.txt files
and concatenate the CLASSPATHs in them to a single big classpath, I
can use the AEs from the installed PEARs without a problem. On the
RASP4UIMA homepage I found a little note indicating that it is
necessary to manually add source setenv.txt from e.g. cpeGui.sh. Is
this really the intended way? I would really like not to have to
worry about setting up the classpath for UIMA.

Best regards,

Richard Eckart