uima-user mailing list archives

From "Eddie Epstein" <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multi-threading with a CAS Multiplier.
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 20:24:59 GMT
Hi Benjamin,

The basic UIMA aggregate analysis engine is single threaded, resulting
in the behavior you describe. Multi-threading must be provided by a layer
above a UIMA analysis engine, for example, the CPM.

The parameter multipleDeploymentAllowed is used by the CPM;
when multiple parallel processing pipelines are specified, any components
with multipleDeploymentAllowed=false will not be replicated.

The CPM only supports a single type of Cas multiplier: the collection reader.
The CPM does not understand Cas multipliers; such components can exist
within an aggregate AE but only the same Cas sent in to an AE from the CPM
can come out of the AE.

Eddie