uima-user mailing list archives

From "Eddie Epstein" <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removal and addition of FS between views
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 13:50:47 GMT
On 7/13/07, Yoshinobu KANO <kano@is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp> wrote:
> (Excuse me if this is a duplicated post.)
> I tried the following code but got error
>
> " is over view "_InitialView" and cannot be added to indexes
> associated with the different view "created".
>        at org.apache.uima.cas.impl.CASImpl.addFsToIndexes(CASImpl.java:3880)
>        at org.apache.uima.jcas.impl.JCasImpl.addFsToIndexes(JCasImpl.java:1076)

This error must be for an annotation FS. As mentioned in the other
reply, an annotation FS can only be indexed in the View associated
with the annotation's Sofa.

> My question is that:
> 1. Is it impossible to share FeatureStructures between multi-views in
> a single CAS?
> 2. If yes, then remove a FS from a view and add it to another view is
> also impossible?

Except for annotation FS, an FS can be added to the index of multiple
views. The sharing of an annotation FS between views is accomplished,
for example, by creating a reference from an FS indexed in view-A to
an annotation FS whose Sofa is associated with view-B.

Hope this is becoming clearer,
Eddie