uima-user mailing list archives

From "Eddie Epstein" <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to get views list of multi-views
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 21:08:17 GMT
Hi Kano-san,

In version 2.1 one would use cas.getSofaIterator() to get an
FSIterator for all Sofas in cas, then use cas.getView(sofa) for each
Sofa.

Version 2.2 has a new API, cas.getViewIterator(), which returns an
Iterator for all Views in the cas.

Sofa name mapping is static. If the view(s) to be processed need to be
determined dynamically, here are two recommended approaches:

A. create an FS in the CAS pointing at the desired View(s), and
program the annotator to access the view from the FS.
B. use a specific name prefix for the Views, and filter the Views
based on the prefix (version 2.1) or use the new
cas.getViewIterator(prefix) in version 2.2.

Regards,
Eddie