uima-user mailing list archives

From "Eddie Epstein" <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why XmiCasSerializer is slow
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 02:02:57 GMT
Hi Greg,

Any chance this recent post from Lev Kozakov applies to your situation?

Problem analysis:
The setUimaClassPath.bat script creates UIMA_CLASSPATH by adding UIMA
resources to the default system CLASSPATH, which may already include
3rd party JARs (like eglbatchgen.jar in WebSphere products) containing
their own implementation of org.xml.sax packages. Such JAR files may
conflict with standard JDK runtime JARs and slow down XCAS related
operations. If I manually modify the documentAnalyzer.bat script to
use 'clear' UIMA CLASSPATH, w/o default system CLASSPATH, my XMI file
opens reasonably fast (< 2 sec).

Regards,
Eddie