uima-user mailing list archives

From Katrin Tomanek <toma...@coling-uni-jena.de>
Subject Re: UIMA Beginners Help?
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 05:35:15 GMT
Dear Andrew,

I have added a small documentation to our website, explaining how to set
up a Collection Processing Engine (CPE) from PEAR packages. See here:

https://watchtower.coling.uni-jena.de/~tomanek/UIMA/

There is also a small demo-CPE.

In case you want to use the components rather programatically, i.e. in
an application, you might refer the "UIMA Tutorial and Developers'
Guides" (UIMA Version 2.1), section 3.2 (Using Analysis Engines). Do it
as explained there, i.e. make a AE from the sentence splitter and from
the named entity tagger. Create a CAS (important: as explained in
3.2.6!) and then just run the process method of both AEs, sentence
splitter first, then the ne tagger, on the CAS you created. Hope that works.

Best wishes,
Katrin

--
Katrin Tomanek
Jena University Language and Information Engineering (JULIE) Lab