uima-user mailing list archives

From "Adam Lally" <ala...@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject Re: Cas Multiplier with Flow Controller
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 22:44:31 GMT
On 7/3/07, Benjamin Sznajder <benjams@il.ibm.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to run a CAS Multiplier with a Flow Controller.
>
> My CPE is composed of :
>
>  - a Collection reader that reads an image and saves in a CAS a byte array
> of its content.
>  - a CAS Multiplier that currently, only creates 3 identical CASes with
> same content than the initial
>  - Some  AEs that extract the MPEG7 features of this images
>  - A CAS consumer that creates the XML File representing the MPEG7.
>
> The Flow Controller I used is the WhiteBoardFlowController from the
> example.
> I added to this class the following:
>

> protected Flow newCasProduced(CAS newCas,
>           String producedBy) {
>         getContext().getLogger().log(Level.SEVERE, "newCasProduced");
>           WhiteboardFlow flow = new WhiteboardFlow();
>           flow.setCas(newCas);
>           return flow;
>   }

The newCasProduced method needs to be added to the WhiteboardFlow
class, not that WhiteboardFlowController class.  Otherwise it looks
like what you are doing is right.

The idea behind this is that the Flow of the new CAS might be related
to the Flow of its "parent" CAS (the one that was input to the CAS
Multiplier).

You are right though that the documentation on this could be better.

-Adam