tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean-Sebastien Delfino" <jsdelf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Classloading code in core contribution processing
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 17:17:42 GMT
Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:

> I think that the following issues have been raised in this thread:
> a) contribution dependency cycles
> b) partial package contributions
> c) ability to use contributions without providing a ClassLoader
> d) error handling (handling of ClassNotFound and related errors)
> e) function layering (contribution code depending on Java support)
> f) increased complexity of the classloading path
> g) differences between model resolving and classloading semantics
> h) reliance on specific classloader implementations
>
> I initially raised (c) and (e) and was struggling with (f).
> Rajini raised (a), (b), (d), (g) (and maybe (f) too?)
> Luciano is providing an <import.resource>, which will allow resources to
> be loaded witho
> Simon has helped organize the discussion with valid questions on the
> actual requirements and scenarios.
> Raymond proposed a classloader extensibility mechanism, which would help
> with (h).
>
> Please jump in if you disagree with this summary or think I've missed or
> mis-interpreted anything :)
>
> I was proposing to help with simple fixes for (a) and (b), and a more
> involved fix for (c), (e) and (f). I'm going to hold off on these fixes
> since you're  asking for it. Instead I will contribute test cases for
> (a) and (b), hoping that it will help people understand what's broken.
>
> Ant, do you want to help fix any of this?
> --
> Jean-Sebastien

I have checked in a test case showing the issues with contribution import
cycles in SVN r633170:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/itest/contribution-multiple/src/test/java/test/ContributionCycleTestCaseFIXME.java

The test case causes a StackOverflow exception, that's why I named it *FIXME
to exclude it from the build until the issue with cycles is resolved.

I believe that it's possible to provide a simple fix for this issue (and
wanted to work on it...). Ant, could you please let me know when you don't
have any objections with me fixing it? Thanks.

I'll work on finding a good test case for showing the issues with split
namespaces in general in the next two days.
--
Jean-Sebastien