tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Kurz" <scottk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WSDLLess Deployment Implementation Question
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 14:52:38 GMT
On Feb 3, 2008 5:01 PM, Mike Edwards <mike.edwards.inglenook@gmail.com> wrote:
> Folks,

> It is important to remember that when an interface is specified EITHER
> as some non-WSDL interface type (eg Java interface) OR where it is
> specified as WSDL, the FINAL WSDL that is necessary for a deployed (web)
> service may need generating from the original interface definition.

In addition to the case where we start with an interface.wsdl but
still need to add policy
to the final, logical WSDL defining the <binding.ws> port...    I
believe, (if I'm understanding the code
correctly), that we have a simpler case here that we don't support today.

That's the case where the <interface.wsdl> defines a portType but not
a port, so we still need
to calculate a port when we see <binding.ws>, but we'd like to start
from the <interface.wsdl> WSDL
(I would assume) rather than starting from the Java.

I think the WS binding spec in at least one place implies if you use
<interface.wsdl> you do have a port, but
I don't see why that would be.

Scott