tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From "Stevan Camp" <stevan.c...@googlemail.com>
Subject JMS Service
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2007 13:45:38 GMT
Hello,

I'm new to Tuscany and wondered if anyoen out there was able to offer me
some help.

I have a non-SCA service which operates with two JMS queues, one being
request and one being response.  They follow the usual pattern:

* Client sends a request message to the Service by posting a message on teh
req queue.
* Service picks up message, takes some action and returns a response message
back to the client via the response queue.

I'd like to construct an SCA service to proxy/masquerade this operation, so
that:

* SCA Client calls an operation on the SCA Service
* SCA Service posts a suitable JMS message to the req queue
* SCA Service listens to the Response queue or a MDB notifies the SCA
service once a response is received
* SCA Service makes a callback to the client with the result of the JMS
response.

Does any of this make sense, is it do-able?

Is anyone able to offer me any help on this one, havent found a suitable
example yet, other than some refs in the SCA JMS Binding spec, which I
couldn't quite translate into a service.

I'm sorry if any of this is not quite right... I'm still trying to find my
feet in the Tuscany/SCA world.

Stevan.