From Miles Libbey <mlib...@apache.org>
Subject Re: One-hit-wonder filtering
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2019 15:17:00 GMT
The buckets configuration is part of the LRU settings. So, you first choose
the "policy" -- LRU, or random chance. If you choose the LRU, you need to
give it 2 more configuration options, the hit threshold, and the buckets --
the size of the LRU cache.

I'm guessing the hits are intuitive (eg, 2 hits makes you just proxy the 1
hit wonders). The buckets are less intuitive to set. I have some tasks to
go experiment on how changing them affects things at $work. Nominally, I've
set the buckets to be roughly the number of unique urls we see in the
timeframe that we'd like our cache to wrap in. But, that's just a guess --
if folks have ideas here, would love to hear them!
miles