From Alan Carroll <solidwallofc...@verizonmedia.com>
Subject Re: Few Questions
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2019 18:48:01 GMT
1) It's a bit more subtle than that. It depends on the size of the object.
ATS stores objects in "fragments" and if the object fits in a single
fragment, it's all written together. Objects larger than a fragment keep
just the headers in the first fragment and that is what get rewritten, not
the entire object.

2) No. The performance hit is very high from that and it's actually quite
difficult at the cache writing point to do this for a single object, as
multiple smaller writes get aggregated.

3) I'm not one of the performance guys, but it looks like the change in
throughput may be due to TCP kernel socket buffer size or possibly ICW
size. If so, you'd see higher aggregate bandwidth with parallel requests,
which is expected usage. We have ATS doing 40+G/s in productionn for large
files, where the limit is the network bandwidth, not ATS.