From Jason Yang <peter.waynech...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: One-hit-wonder filtering
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2019 22:22:09 GMT
Thank you Jeremy, Miles and Evan! This is helpful!
But I don’t fully understand the bucket option, can you elaborate a little bit? Thank you!

Juncheng

> On Jul 25, 2019, at 15:42, Miles Libbey <mlibbey@apache.org> wrote:
>
> +1. This is the purpose of that plugin!
> https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/8.0.x/admin-guide/plugins/cache_promote.en.html
<https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/8.0.x/admin-guide/plugins/cache_promote.en.html>

> On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 12:05 PM Jeremy Payne <jp557198@gmail.com <mailto:jp557198@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> What about the 'cache promote' plugin ?
>

> On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 2:01 PM Sudheer Vinukonda <sudheervinukonda@yahoo.com <mailto:sudheervinukonda@yahoo.com>>
wrote:
> Ah, very interesting. That requires an additional mechanism to maintain the state (first
or subsequent access) across requests. Yeah, AFAIK, this will need a new plugin (don't believe
there's anything built-in or pre-existing to support this).

<mailto:peter.waynechina@gmail.com>> wrote:

> Hi Sudheer,
>     Thank you for your quick reply! It seems the option you proposed is a general control.
Writing a plugin is indeed one option, but to avoid reinventing the wheel, I just want to
double check that ATS does not have this function. To be specific, I don’t want to cache
an object when I first time see it. In other words, I only want to cache objects that have
been seen at least twice.

> Best,
> Juncheng
>

>> On Jul 25, 2019, at 14:12, Sudheer Vinukonda <sudheervinukonda@yahoo.com <mailto:sudheervinukonda@yahoo.com>>
wrote:

>> Hmm..not entirely sure if I understand the question, but, if you are asking ATS supports
skipping cache on some requests, yes. There's different ways of doing that. You can disable
cache per remap line using records.config — Apache Traffic Server 9.0.0 documentation <https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/admin-guide/files/records.config.en.html?highlight=records%20config#proxy-config-http-cache-http>
or use cache.config or write a plugin for more finer control