From Jason Yang <peter.waynech...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: One-hit-wonder filtering
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2019 19:12:18 GMT
Great to know! Thank you!

Juncheng

On Jul 25, 2019, 15:05 -0400, Jeremy Payne <jp557198@gmail.com>, wrote:
> What about the 'cache promote' plugin ?
>

> > On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 2:01 PM Sudheer Vinukonda <sudheervinukonda@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> > > Ah, very interesting. That requires an additional mechanism to maintain the
state (first or subsequent access) across requests. Yeah, AFAIK, this will need a new plugin
(don't believe there's anything built-in or pre-existing to support this).

> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Sudheer
> > >

> > > On Thursday, July 25, 2019, 11:51:07 AM PDT, Jason Yang <peter.waynechina@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > > Hi Sudheer,
> > >     Thank you for your quick reply! It seems the option you proposed is a
general control. Writing a plugin is indeed one option, but to avoid reinventing the wheel,
I just want to double check that ATS does not have this function. To be specific, I don’t
want to cache an object when I first time see it. In other words, I only want to cache objects
that have been seen at least twice.

> > > Best,
> > > Juncheng

ATS supports skipping cache on some requests, yes. There's different ways of doing that. You
can disable cache per remap line using records.config — Apache Traffic Server 9.0.0 documentation or
use cache.config or write a plugin for more finer control

not store them into cache). Thank you!