From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Remove the email feature from Alarms (proxy.config.alarm_email) and cleanup
Date Thu, 09 May 2019 22:23:54 GMT
Hi all,

I’d like to propose that we eliminate the “email” feature out of Alarms. I think this
is misguided, and in reality, could be wrapped into a script if someone really, really wanted
to send emails.  We would remove proxy.config.alarm_email, but keep the other alarm configurations.

In addition, I’ll cleanup the alarms, there’s a number of the existing alarms that are
no longer relevant or supported. Such as, all the alarms around cache clustering. Possibly
we should add more, it’s a potentially useful feature to have a mechanism for ATS to signal
/ alert on internal issues outside of just logging. I think …

Thanks,

— leif

P.s
In case you didn’t know (and this is not awesomely documented), the following alarms can
trigger:

#define REC_SIGNAL_MACHINE_UP 1
#define REC_SIGNAL_MACHINE_DOWN 2
#define REC_SIGNAL_CONFIG_ERROR 3