From Shu Kit Chan <chanshu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do I debug transaction stall
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2019 06:28:23 GMT
Not too sure what's going on. I would recommend to turn on debug
options - https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/admin-guide/files/records.config.en.html#proxy-config-diags-debug-enabled
And see the messages in traffic.out and see where it is stalling for
some requests

Kit

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 7:35 PM Jason Yang <peter.waynechina@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Kit,
>     Thank you for your quick reply! It is the second, I run "for i in `seq 1 2000`; do
curl 3.94.168.82:8080; done”, then only a few responses are back. (the ip is valid, you
can try too).
>     I checked the var/log/ directory and I don’t see any problem shown in the log except
almost everything is miss.
>     I am using an unmodified ATS v8.0.2, so I suspect it is my setting problem, I am
testing it on AWS and I have attached my configs below. (I know the value are weird, this
is for testing)
> Thank you!
>
> Records.config
> proxy.config.http.insert_response_via_str has changed
> Current Value   : 2
> Default Value   : 0
> proxy.config.http.keep_alive_no_activity_timeout_in has changed
> Current Value   : 30000
> Default Value   : 120
> proxy.config.http.keep_alive_no_activity_timeout_out has changed
> Current Value   : 30000
> Default Value   : 120
> proxy.config.http.cache.required_headers has changed
> Current Value   : 0
> Default Value   : 2
> proxy.config.cache.ram_cache.size has changed
> Current Value   : 1288490188
> Default Value   : -1
> proxy.config.cache.ram_cache_cutoff has changed
> Current Value   : 128000
> Default Value   : 4194304
> proxy.config.url_remap.pristine_host_hdr has changed
> Current Value   : 1
> Default Value   : 0
> proxy.config.net.sock_option_flag_in has changed
> Current Value   : 30000
> Default Value   : 5
> proxy.config.net.sock_option_flag_out has changed
> Current Value   : 30000
> Default Value   : 1
> proxy.config.http.chunking_enabled has changed
> Current Value   : 0
> Default Value   : 1
> proxy.config.http.origin_min_keep_alive_connections has changed
> Current Value   : 1
> Default Value   : 0
> proxy.config.cache.ram_cache.use_seen_filter has changed
> Current Value   : 0
> Default Value   : 1
>

> Best,
> Jason
>

> On Feb 27, 2019, at 22:13, Shu Kit Chan <chanshukit@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> By "stall", you mean
>
> 1) ATS stops accepting requests altogether ? or
> 2) One particular request is stalled and the other requests are fine?
>
> If it is the first, I will use gdb to look at the process and see if
> there is anything locked or waiting.
> If it is the second, I will log the milestones in access log and see
> if it can tell where it is stopped. I will also probably turn on debug
> messages and see if there's anything going on as well.
>
> Kit
>
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 7:08 PM Jason Yang <peter.waynechina@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hi all,
> I have setup a trafficserver and somehow every few transactions, it will stall, what
could be wrong and what’s the best way to debug this? Thank you!