From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: disable cache completely
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2016 22:53:07 GMT

> On Nov 30, 2016, at 9:57 AM, Yossi Nachum <yossi.nachum@biscience.com> wrote:
>
> Yes I tried that and I saw that traffic still create a big file for cache called cache.db
> And writes a lot to host.db in the same directory

Sounds like you retained the default cache (in storage.config), it will create that regardless
if HTTP caching is enabled or not (you can still use it for e.g. plugins to read/ write things
to cache). Just make sure storage.config is empty and you would definitely get no cache file.

The HostDB stuff is the DNS cache. It’s as expected that it’ll write to that, you can
turn off the writes, but that works very poorly in ATS v6.x, but should be improved in v7.0.0.

— Leif