Hi:

Any insight when Lua will be moved from "experimental" to “stable”? Lua looks to offer great flexibility (in consolidating existing plugins and to add new custom changes) so wonder what may stop one from using it to handle Production traffic? Understood one would need to assess the performance overheads it may incur.

Thanks,

Shu-Chih

From: Scott Beardsley [mailto:sbeards@yahoo-inc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2015 7:28 PM
To: Jeremy Payne <jp557198@gmail.com>; users@trafficserver.apache.org
Subject: Re: header_rewrite to modify destination port based on request header

Thanks Jeremy, we we hoping to use an existing/stable plugin to do this (lua appears to be "experimental" and we don't use it anywhere at the moment). It seems like header_rewrite is 99% of the way there so if it means adding this one feature we'd prefer that since it wouldn't involve new config syntax and/or plugins.

Scott