i am going to test this tonight, but are you saying that it's possible to split the cache based on some transaction condition?

meaning the below would be stored in ramdisk.

http://media.domain.com/chunk.ts

while the below would be stored in a generic(disk) volume.

http://media.domain.com/image.gif

again, i have yet to test, but i believe this is all driven by setting the cache key to use the domain which is mapped to the ramdisk volume.
if this sounds right to you, then it means i am on the right path.